Develop a cost effective service to monitor contract worker usage by department or work group that is independent from the existing systems used to monitor permanent employees.
Why cost effective?
Pretty obvious, especially given the major expense a company has already paid to collect information related to permanent employees.
A Service dramatically lowers the cost of ownership, including a significant reduction in the burden placed on internal HR and IT resources.
Why monitor contract usage?
Labor, permanent or contract, is commonly a significant part of Productivity. While it is fairly easy to allocate permanent labor, why not develop the ability to do the same for contract labor?
Why by department or work group?
Permanent employees are charged against the department for which they work. Contract workers could easily work for many different departments, sometimes during the same shift. Best Practices says to allocate all expenses at the lowest practical level.
Most companies have a complex, series of systems used to manage the many, interrelated aspects of permanent employees. HR will exert significant energy (theirs and IT’s) to insure contract workers do not accidentally contaminate those systems.
TempChecker is a SaaS (Software as a Service)
Essentially, the SaaS model takes “on premises” software and moves it to an externally “hosted” environment. This model has been around for several years, but its growth has been accelerated with the advent of cloud computing. The SaaS value includes a mix of business, financial, and security reasons, including:
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Speed of implementation
- Reduction or elimination of capital expenditure
- Shared risk by the provider Disaster recovery and high availability
- Equal, or better attainable security
TempChecker follows the SaaS model with hardware add on. Unlike a generic SaaS, we provide and support all the data collection hardware you need to make it work smoothly.
Where contract labor software and hardware is involved, we provide your IT support.
- We set up the hierarchical layers of your company’s organizational structure
- We set up your unique data base
- We create your unique web site
- We provide your tags (barcode labels, iButtons, RFID tags, etc.) already set up in your data base.
- We assemble your contract worker’s identifiers
- We provide the hardware that is fully compatible with TempChecker
- We modify/create performance reports to meet your management needs